Advanced Dental Implant Mini Residency Course
Our continuing education advanced dental implant mini residency courses
Course II: Advanced Dental Implant Mini Residency
This advanced course is designed for clinicians with some implant dentistry experience, wishing to tone their diagnostic treatment planning and expand their surgical and prosthetic knowledge and skills. Topics covered include: bone spreading, bone grafting, sinus grafting, intra oral onlay block grafting, soft tissue surgery including subepithelial grafting, free gingival grafting and flap manipulation, immediate load implant surgery and immediate extraction and implant placement
Requirements involve the completion of one of the following:
The Dental Implant Learning Center's Basic Implant Surgery Course for the General Dentist, AAID Maxi-course completion, credentialing with the ICOI, AAID, AO, or other evidence of implant surgical experience.
Advanced Course Learning Objectives
- View advanced live surgery each week
- To learn sinus grafting, sinus lifts, bone spreading, membrane grafting, and block grafting
- To learn suturing and soft tissue surgery
- To learn immediate implant placement, immediate restoration, immediate load and esthetic implant considerations
- Learn how to deal with implant complication
- Learn case presentation and preparation for AAID and lCOl credentialing
Guest Lecturers’ Topics:
Adjunctive Faculties have been selected to cover a number of topics: Anatomy, 3-D Radiology, Oral Diagnosis, Selecting an Implant System, Pre-op Evaluation, Contraindications, Bone Biology, Prosthetic Superstructures, Treatment Planning, Bone Grafting and Membranes, Surgical Principles, Root Form Implants, Mini-Implants, complications.