Advanced Implant Surgery Program for the General Dentist – A Mini Residency
Not all patients present for dental implants with the ideal scenario. Some issues frequently encountered by the implant surgeon are pneumonated sinuses, narrow bony edentulous ridges, inadequate soft tissues, high esthetic lip lines and cosmetic issues. This advanced course is designed for clinicians with some implant dentistry experience, wishing to hone their diagnostic treatment planning and expand their surgical and prosthetic knowledge and skills. Now included is a 3 day Staff Training Course.
Over the 3 month course you will learn:
- Bone spreading, bone grafting with membranes, onlay bone grafting.
- Sinus grafting, osteotoming, crestal sinus grafting.
- Suturing, subepithelial grafting, free gingival grafting and flap manipulation.
- Immediate load implant surgery, immediate extraction and implant placement.
- How to handle complications and treat comprehensive prosthetic cases.
Participants will perform hands-on suturing and soft tissue grafting on pig ears, implant surgery for immediate restoration, the bone grafting techniques of sinus grafting, osteotoming, membrane grafting and block grafting on like like models and cadavers at the Zimmer-Biomet Institute. A 3-day live surgical session (patients provided) is included in this program.
Staff Training Course:
- Front desk protocol
- Consent forms
- Post care instructions & protocol
- Sterile surgical setup protocol
- Supply ordering & inventory
The Dental Implant Learning Center @ Englewood Dental
370 Grand Avenue, Suite 200, Englewood NJ 07631
Zimmer- Biomet Institute
399 Jefferson Road, Parsippany NJ
2017 Dates to be Announced